It is June 4th (almost). That is the 155th day of the year. It’s almost halfway through this arbitrarily important measure of time and so much stuff is happening. It’s just happening. I’m doing some of it and you’re doing some of it, and other people are doing some of it, and ants and flowers, and universal forces like gravity are doing some of it, but it’s just all happening. I have a thousand things to write about. Some of them are Hawaii (in terms of vacations and residence), TedXMileHigh, summer, deep thoughts, and technology, among other things, but I’ll have to come back to those. First, I have 27 things to announce my gratitude and appreciation for, in order to catch up to my goal of being caught up. I left off on #128…
129. Having a friend in Maui who knows all the secret waterfalls and lava tubes.
130. Having a friend in Maui with a house, with a bedroom that we can sleep in.
131. Having a friend in Maui.
132. The University of Hawaii accepting Shad and his credits.
133. The adventure of moving to a place I’ve never been.
134. Getting out of our lease.
135. Having parents to stay with for a couple of weeks.
136. Ending a job on a good note.
137. Active volcanoes
138. Ted Talks.
139. TedX Events and the people who organize them, the people who present at them, and the people who attend them (specifically TedX MileHigh).
140. Getting to meet my nephew.
141. The Light Rail.
142. The UCD Alumni Scholarship Committee.
143. Travel Miles.
145. Golden Birthdays (Mine is on June 28th)
146. Very large computer monitors.
147. Jeremy Bloom and the Wish of a Lifetime Foundation (donate to it!)
148. Mosquito repellant.
150. Bamboo forests.
151. Have I mentioned my parents? Yes? Well, it’s my blog and I’m mentioning them again.
152. FTP. How else, I ask you, how else would we do it?
154. Mythology, wide ranging and fascinating.
155. Going to sleep under the stars on an isolated red sand beach in Hana and waking up to the sunrise.
I plan on coming back to many of the topics in this list with some context. Very soon.