I need to start posting these daily professions of appreciation and gratitude on a more daily basis. It’s not that I’m not consistently grateful, but spewing them out in bulk kind of takes away from the stop-and-smell-the-roses sentiment of this whole project. In any case, let me catch my thoughts up to #78…
68. My upcoming trip to Maui.
69. The breakfast that my job buys every other Friday.
70. The relief I felt upon discovering that my new boss is, in fact, really nice.
71. The existence of a thing called brunch.
72. The rain that is about to fall.
73. My cute, healthy new nephew.
74. The future and all its possible forms.
75. The ability to let things go.
76. A man who can make (very) good pancakes.
77. That random teenager who saved me from drowning in the wave pool at Water World sometime in the early nineties.
78. The book, ‘The History of Love‘. Thanks, Nicole Krauss. And also, while we’re at it, thank you, Jonathan Safran Foer (Ms. Krauss’ husband), for ‘Everything is Illuminated‘.
Phew! That was actually quite easy… I’m a lucky girl and I’ll be back soon.