I’m thinking of using this blog, in part, how a regular personal blog is used- to chronicle the events in my life. That is, to share the details that no one is interested in reading except for, perhaps, the unwanted stalker, who will henceforth know all the minute details and schedule of my life.
With that in mind, dear stalker, I am moving to Hilo, Hawaii on July 17th. I wouldn’t expect you to know that because I don’t think we’re Facebook friends (more on evil ol’ Facebook later), but it is true. Shad will be attending the University of Hawaii, while I aim to be unproductive in every respect except working on my tan…
I’m joking, of course. I have so many gears turning in my head that I’m embarrassed to discuss them, for the risk of sounding idealistic and naive.
But, with risks come with rewards and talking about my fantastical plans not only helps me digest and filter them, but may encourage a response. Who knows? I won’t hold my breath for it, but I’ll reap the benefits of thinking through things anyway.
Some plans for Hawaii:
- Actively write about my adventures right here on this very blog! I figure that you (Mr./Ms. Stalker) would be interested in finding out how many of my plans actually happen. I’ll be interested, myself. Additionally, I have a couple parents, other family members and some friends who might want to know what life is like in the wild Pacific. This will be a good way to keep everyone up-to-date with adventures.
- Develop a business- Shad and I are actually in the developmental stages of opening our own digital agency, offering animation, graphic & web design services.
- Get SCUBA certified. Honestly, this should be number 1 on the list. This is not an “if.” This is not a “when.” When we find a place to live, we SCUBA!
- Write a book. Seriously. This November, I don’t plan t be overwhelmed with work, so I will be participating in NaNoWriMo. I’m already rolling some ideas around in my head.
- Eat well. This is a goal for numerous reasons. The first is health. It’s always been health, and while it’s not like I’m a patron of McD’s, I never feel like I eat well enough. I eat way too much sugar and way too much restaurant food. The second reason is that a lot of shit-food is expensive over there. It has to be shipped thousands of miles across the ocean, so it makes sense, but that doesn’t make it any more fun for me. With that as another driving factor, it makes sense for me to buy grains in bulk, vegetables from the farmer’s markets, fruit off the trees and get used to cooking nutritious meals at home.
- See lava flow; watch an island grow.
- Volunteer at a school or an animal facility. I hear the Hawaiian school system is not the best, and I’d like to help wher I can. I also really like animals and I want to help them be happy.
- Continue making lists out of everything. What?! You think I am going to change who I am?!
- Make and possibly sell arts and crafts… I don’t know… we’ll see what happens…
- Get a regular old retail/service/admin job to pay the bills. Who cares? I’ll be in Hawaii!