Posts Tagged ‘animals’
Last month, I painted this tea box for my aunt & uncle… I’m now procrastinating in the job search and current projects, so I am posting pictures of it on this blog.
The box, by the way, was made from scratch by my dad.
Shad and I have been spending a lot of time at Sears lately. Sometimes we go once a day. Sometimes we go twice. It’s kind of our special place. It’s really where all the hip people in Honolulu hang out…
Well, it’s more like a place to get cheap sheets, but you know… we’re still cool.
Anyway, this post isn’t about Sears. It’s actually about someone we met outside. There was a little bird who may have fallen or hopped down to the main level of the outdoor mall at Ala Moana. He wasn’t able to fly yet, but the way he was fluttering around, it looked like he was getting close.
The little guy probably picked the worst place in the world to learn how to fly. There were so many people walking past him that we were worried he was going to get stepped on. His parents were watching overhead, but it’s not like they could come by and move him out of the way. Shad and I watched him for a little while and Shad tried to nudge him out of the way without touching him (since you are not supposed to touch young birds). As Shad got close to him, the little guy hopped up onto Shad’s shoe. That worked out since Shad just walked the bird over to a quieter spot and nudged him off of his shoe.
It was, maybe, the cutest thing ever.
12. The location of my home. It is in walking distance to everything, particular food eating places that I like or, you know, restaurants.
13. Free educational resources – I don’t even know where to start. This topic deserves it’s own blog post, which it will get shortly. I’ve already commented on my gratitude for the interwebs as a broad, brilliantly fluid monster of information (before those idiots break it), but more specifically it’s wonderful that individual people and organizations have taken to making it a place that has more use than just shopping and watching Biebler videos. Some examples of the educational resources:
- LiveMocha.com (Learn any language)
- KhanAcadamy.org (Learn Math, Economics, and more)
- ocw.mit.edu (MIT’s Open Courseware - Learn everything!)
- Wikipedia.org (Learn more of everything!)
14. Cute Animals. Look at this happy crow having a ball sledding
I don’t have to explain myself to you.
I brought the little Cintiq home from Newegg yesterday and we spent some time getting to know each other…