I’m from Denver. I live in Honolulu now. Denver is great because it has squirrels and it’s a fantastic place to ride your bike long distances on hot summer nights, while deafening yourself with Amon Amarth or whatever you are in the mood for. Denver is a terrible place for swimming in the ocean. Honolulu is wonderful because it’s in the middle of the ocean which is great for swimming in the ocean. Honolulu is a terrible place to ride a bike. No bike lanes, no shoulders, long lights and heavy traffic… just generally not-conducive to happy biking.
Now, I feel like I constantly have to update this ‘About’ page. I’m not sure if it’s because I am fundamentally changing every couple months or if it’s because I keep defining myself by my experiences and current situation. Either way, I’m making updates easier by converting to a bullet point format. (Also people tend to read bullet points, but not block text, says Marketeer Elana.)
- I create things (illustrations, designs, crafts, etc.).
- I am kind of a workaholic.
- I love to learn.
- I’m trying to live as cruelty free as possible.
- My favorite things to do are riding my bike (which is currently in Denver, cold and alone, and missing me) and swim in the ocean (which is warm here all the time).
- I haven’t even tried surfing yet. That’s really lame of me.
- Things I’m good at: staying calm (most of the time), writing (most of the time), making tofu scramble.
- Things I’m bad at: dishes, explaining things to children in a way that they understand, cooking things other than tofu scramble.
Other than that, I market solar for a living. Sometimes, I write about my experiences on this blog and on Hawaii Homes and Living. I hang out with my best friend. And, I turn my wheels one revolution at a time.